The Cheltenham German Club (‘the Club’), whose usual meeting address is Parmoor House, Lypiatt Terrace, Cheltenham GL50 2SX, ‘is established for the purpose of promoting and fostering interest in the lands, peoples, language and culture of the German-speaking countries’.
1) The Club collects and processes personal information including name, postal address, phone number, email address and subscription records as applicable from
members including previous year members (‘Members’) and guest speakers on the basis of legitimate interests of the Club in fulfilling its objectives above
individuals when consenting to join the mailing list (‘Friends’)
Website usage information is collected using cookies.
2) We use this information to:
send out monthly trailers, newsletters, information about the Club’s activities to Friends, these and AGM papers to Members
manage Members’ subscriptions and contact Members, guest speakers and sometimes Friends on administrative matters
contact Members and Friends about programme changes, special events and other matters of interest in accordance with the Club’s objectives, monitor and improve our website
3) The Club does not share personal data it holds with third parties except by consent unless legally required to do so.
4) The Club retains your personal data
as long as a person remains a member and up to one year thereafter except that subscription records are retained indefinitely
until guest speakers and Friends object, request erasure, withdraw consent or fail to renew consent when from time to time invited to do so
5) You have the right to request a copy of your personal information held by the Club, to have any inaccuracies rectified, and to limit or object to the Club’s use of your personal information.
If you wish to do so, please email us.
6) External links on our website
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
8) If you have a concern about the way the Club is collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with a committee member or using the contact email club[at]cheltgesell.uk (please replace [at] with the @ symbol) in the first instance. Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/